In 1908, E.P. Green, Sr. of Marietta, Georgia and A.F. Wyman of Maine established the company as Wyman & Green.
Their offices were located on Main Street in Downtown Bradenton and focused on the sale and development of real estate, especially land.
Both men were active in the community and were elected mayors in the early years of Bradenton.
In the early 1920’s, Wyman & Green purchased the Carnes and Shelton Insurance Agency and became Wyman, Green & Shelton. Dan S. Blalock, Sr. joined the company in 1927, thus Wyman, Green & Blalock became incorporated. The year 1927 also marked the completion of the Tamiami Trail project during which time Mr. Green served on the State Road Board with others such as Henry Ford, Thomas Edison and John Ringling. The company continued handling casualty insurance and real estate development, such as Wyman & Green Sub on Anna Maria Island and Palma Sola Park in Northwest Bradenton.
Dan S. Blalock, Jr. joined the firm in 1956 and the company grew along with Manatee County developing notable neighborhoods such as Country Club Heights near the Bradenton Country Club and Shaw’s Point along the Manatee River. The firm began to shift their development focus to commercial real estate in the 1970’s and by the early 1980’s they had completed several professional offices, medical parks, shopping centers and industrial parks such as The Fairway Center, General Telephone Building, Tanglewood Professional Complex, College Plaza, Beachway Plaza and Manasota Industrial Park.
William M. Blalock joined the company in 1988 and directed the company’s specialization in commercial real estate following the sale of the insurance side of the business. Suburban areas of Manatee County boomed and the Company reached further along Florida’s West Coast handling agricultural, timber and development land tracts while developing 301 Park of Commerce North and conducting general brokerage operations.
Moving into the 21st Century and past its 100th Anniversary the Company has utilized its time honed specializations in Government Real Estate Operations, Eminent Domain, Consultation, Commercial Development, Brokerage and Site Selection. Current involvement includes projects such as the Warner Crossing retail development, Manasota Industrial Park expansion and properties in the US 301/44th Avenue Industrial Corridor.